The Import page of the VME allows you as the event administrator to import attendees, speakers, exhibitors, posters and sessions.
This page is separated into two main sections which are the header section and the specifications.
- Importing speakers only creates the speaker profile and is the first step in importing sessions. Without importing sessions the speakers will not show in your VME. They will also not be able to attend the event unless you import them as an attendee.
- Importing Exhibitors only creates the exhibit booth and assigns the email address as a booth admin. The exhibitor(s) will not be able to attend the event to interact with attendees unless you import them as an attendee.
- Importing Poster only creates the poster booth and assigns the email address as a booth admin. The poster presenter(s) will not be able to attend the event to interact with attendees unless you import them as an attendee.
- This section provides you with links to import attendees, speakers, sessions, exhibitor booths, and poster booths. It also includes several important notes that must be reviewed prior to attempting an import.
- This section includes all of the required specifications for importing attendees, speakers, sessions, exhibitors, and poster booths. It also includes all of the templates for each of these import processes.
- Not following these specifications may result in failure to upload data, errors, or other unexpected outcomes. Do not deviate from these specifications including, but not limited to, adding extra columns, leaving cells blank that are not allowed to be blank, or using files other than the provided templates.